In each house there are certain places that get less than desired daylight. Nevertheless, one tends to emphasize the sunny places, while the darker ones tend to remain ignored. Heavy curtains, dark carpets and inappropriate wall paint may further accentuate the darkness in the rooms.
How do we present our living spaces in the best light? We collected 10 inspirational tips.
- Skilfully insert curtains. For privacy or aesthetics, the textiles should not cover the windows, obstructing the falling light. Also, make sure that the curtain rods are long enough for the curtains to be close to the washer in the window frame can be attached.
- Put on the Scandinavian decor style. The simple living designs, often in white nuances, compensate for a possible lack of natural light. By the way, some deco items in black compensate for the severe look and add a subtle two-tone touch.
- Rely on mirrors for optical room enlargement. The large mirror reflects the light in an otherwise dark room. You may place it opposite or diagonally from the window for optimal effect.
- Create lightness. If you have to expect outside views, get white Roman cotton or linen blinds. So you do not give up on the light falling into the room.
- How about transparent curtains, instead of heavy curtains? These gauzy home textiles give the room an elegant effect without blocking the light. The best way is the rail directly to the blanket be screwed so that the curtains are perfectly fluently in nice folds fall.
- The effectively designed lighting is an essential part of the interior. Think of a combination of lamps in different places in the room and maybe install dimmers. This creates a pleasant ambience in which the lights are used as symmetrical accessories.
- If your living room is facing south or west, but the dining room is north or east, you could make it a single spacious room. You will enjoy more light in the morning and in the afternoon!
- Put on glass doors. They are modern and let a lot of light come in the rooms.
- In addition to wall mirrors, the shimmering metal in the form of furniture or decorative items sets great accents. The chic coffee tables add elegance to this trendy living room, especially in contrast to the soft upholstery.
- If you prefer to avoid neutral colors, you could put on some high quality, easy-care textiles in white – they bring brightness.
Hopefully these tips were helpful to you and you can implement them in your home. Let us know!